Overview of Suffolk as a Wedding Destination
Suffolk, Virginia, especially Downtown Suffolk, is such a fun location! The area has that small-town feel but is close to Hampton, Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. The atmosphere is more peaceful than a busy city. It can also be an excuse to keep the event intimate if that’s what you want. Wedding venues Suffolk, VA, are continuing to grow in popularity. Couples should think about whether they want a Suffolk outdoor wedding venue or an indoor wedding venue. With the mild temperatures often through November, many couples can host their wedding ceremony outdoors to include the fall foliage backdrop, something you aren’t likely to get in the middle of the city. With so many reasons to get married at a wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, let’s cover questions to ask potential wedding venues. Discover the pros and cons of an outdoor wedding venue and the importance of having an indoor wedding venue backup plan.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Venue in Suffolk, VA
Our friends at Weddingwire.com have a detailed list of 24 questions to ask a venue before booking. This is a great place to start to get a better understanding of what you should be thinking about when it comes to selecting your venue. Some of the top questions are,
- Is the venue available on the specific date of interest? If they aren’t, what dates are available? Consider whether you and your fiancé can be flexible with your wedding date.
- What is the wedding venue capacity?
- Does the wedding venue have an in-house caterer, or do you need to hire an outside catering company?
- Can the wedding ceremony be on-site if desired?
- Is there a list of approved required vendors, or can any vendor be used?
- What is the rain plan if it is a Suffolk outdoor wedding venue?
- Are there any additional rules, such as noise policies or rules against certain types of décor?
- How long will vendors have access to the wedding venue before and after the event for set up and break down?
- Will other events happen at the same time as the wedding or on the same weekend?
- What is the cancellation policy of the wedding venue in Suffolk, VA?
Suffolk Conference Center Wedding Venue
The Suffolk Conference Center is located on the Nansemond River. It is a premier wedding venue in Suffolk, VA. If an outdoor wedding isn’t for you, this location allows couples to have an indoor wedding venue in Suffolk but take beautiful photos by the water. The recently renovated ballroom space can accommodate smaller, intimate weddings and large gatherings of up to 500 people.
If you are looking for an outdoor wedding venue in Suffolk for your ceremony, Constant’s Wharf Park and Marina is behind the Suffolk Conference Center. The park area can be rented through the city of Suffolk for private events. Chair rentals are available for outdoor seating at locations like Classy Event Rentals. The open veranda overlooks the park and Nansemond River. It is also an option for small outdoor wedding ceremonies or cocktail receptions at the Suffolk Conference Center.
Tailoring Your Dream Wedding at Suffolk Conference Center
At the Suffolk Conference Center, we understand and embrace that every couple has a unique wedding vision. We are committed to helping couples bring their vision to life. Our wedding venue provides flexibility to accommodate various wedding themes and styles. Here’s how we can help tailor your dream wedding:
- Customizable Spaces: Our venue is designed to be versatile. Whether you prefer an outdoor or indoor wedding, our space can be customized to suit your needs. We have several event spaces, including a beautiful waterfront patio, ballrooms, and an outdoor ceremony site. All of these spaces can be customized to match your wedding theme.
- Personalization: We believe that your wedding should reflect your style and personality. We offer personalized services to ensure your wedding day is unique and special. Our team will work with you to create a wedding package that suits your needs, from decor to catering. We can also recommend outside vendors to help create the look you dream of.
- Professional Services: Our team of experienced professionals will ensure that your wedding day runs smoothly. Our event coordinators will work with you throughout the planning process to ensure every detail is covered. On your wedding day, our staff will be on hand to ensure everything runs according to plan.
Exclusive Services and Packages
The Suffolk Conference Center is conveniently connected to the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk. This unique characteristic is another reason this wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, should be on your list to tour. The Hilton Garden Inn has a full-service restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. There is an indoor pool and a recently renovated fitness center. Guests don’t have to worry about driving and finding parking at your wedding since they can already be onsite. This is also convenient for those who want to celebrate the night away with you without worrying about driving or finding a ride home. The bridal party can also get ready for the wedding on the property; contact our Catering Sales Manager about this great add-on option!
Your wedding day holds immense significance, marking one of the most pivotal moments in your life. That’s why at the Suffolk Conference Center, we understand the significance of every detail. And why we strive to make your special day unforgettable. Our experienced team provides exceptional service. Contact us today to learn more about our unique wedding venue in Suffolk, VA.