Congratulations on your engagement! I bet you’re excited to tell your loved ones the big news. Now that the word is out, it’s time to think about what comes next. Choosing the perfect wedding venue in Suffolk VA, is one of the most important decisions you’ll make during planning. This is where you’ll celebrate your love with your closest friends and family, so finding a location that truly reflects your personality and style is crucial.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, but here are a few of the most important:
- It’s important to set a budget for your wedding venue. Prices vary widely, from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands. By determining your budget early on, you can more easily limit your options and find the perfect venue for your special day.
- To determine the appropriate size of the wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, needed for your wedding, it’s important to know how many guests you plan to invite. Start a rough draft guest list, so you know the expected number of guests on your wedding day. Remember that you may have to alter the number of guests based on your budget. Another key factor is to decide if your wedding will include children.
- When it comes to your wedding, what type of ambiance are you looking for? Would you prefer a classic indoor wedding venue, or are you interested in Suffolk outdoor wedding venues?
- When would you like to have your wedding? Remember that specific locations can get reserved months or years beforehand, so it’s best to start organizing early.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start your search for the perfect wedding venue in Suffolk, VA. Here are a few resources to help you get started:
- Online wedding venue directories. These directories list your area’s wedding venues, photos, reviews, and pricing information.
- Word-of-mouth recommendations. Ask your friends, family, and wedding planner for recommendations of Suffolk outdoor wedding venues they’ve been to or heard good things about.
- Venue tours. Once you’ve narrowed your options, schedule tours of a few Suffolk indoor and outdoor wedding venues. This will allow you to see the venues and get a feel for their atmosphere.
Finding the perfect wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, is important in planning your big day. Considering your budget, guest list, style, and date, you can narrow your options and find the perfect place to celebrate your love.
Additional Factors to Consider
Apart from the factors mentioned earlier, there are a couple of other aspects to contemplate while selecting a wedding location:
- The venue’s policies. Some Suffolk outdoor wedding venues have strict policies about photography, alcohol, and noise levels. Make sure you read the venue’s policies carefully before you book.
- The venue’s amenities. Does the venue have a kitchen? A bridal suite? Parking? Ensure the wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, has the amenities to make your wedding day run smoothly.
- The venue’s location. Is the venue located in a convenient location for your guests? Is it close to hotels, restaurants, and other amenities?
Considering all these factors, you can find the perfect wedding venue for your big day. To help get you started, here is a wedding planning timeline that includes when to book your venue and accommodations:
12-18 months before the wedding
- Set a budget. This will help you narrow your options and ensure you don’t overspend.
- Start researching venues. Once you have a budget in mind, you can start looking at different venues.
- Book your wedding venue in Suffolk, VA. This is one of your most important decisions, so don’t wait too long.
- Start thinking about your guest list. How many people do you want to invite? This will help you determine the size of your wedding venue.
- Start researching vendors. This includes things like caterers, photographers, florists, and DJs. The Suffolk Conference Center has an excellent food and beverage team, ready to discuss menu options with you.
- Begin planning your ceremony and reception, considering details such as the ceremony venue, ceremony script, and reception menu and beverages. The Suffolk Conference Center offers the option of using the back veranda for intimate ceremonies or cocktail hours. We are both an indoor and outdoor wedding venue in Suffolk, providing stunning views of the Nansemond River for your ceremony backdrop. Imagine the beauty and elegance of your wedding day at our venue.
9-12 months before the wedding
- Send out save-the-dates. This will give your guests ample time to plan their travel and accommodations.
- Finalize your guest list. This will help you confirm the size of your venue and finalize your catering and seating arrangements.
- Start booking vendors. This is especially important for high-demand vendors, such as photographers and caterers. Consider sleeping arrangements for out-of-town guests and the wedding party who will be onsite early and staying late. The Suffolk Conference Center is attached to the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront. Talk to your Catering Sales Manager about a block of rooms for your guests.
- Start making decisions about your wedding attire. This includes things like your wedding dress, your groom’s suit, and your bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Start planning your honeymoon. This includes things like booking your flights, your hotel, and your activities.
6-9 months before the wedding
- Send out invitations. This is the official invitation to your wedding, so make sure it’s well-written and includes all the important details. Ensure the wedding venue in Suffolk address is completed and accurate so guests know exactly where to go.
- Finalize your wedding budget. This will help you stay on track as you make final vendor payments.
- Start planning for your wedding day transportation. This will ensure you and your guests get to and from the wedding without problems. At the Suffolk Conference Center, you can have your ceremony and reception in one location, which can ensure guests are on time.
- Start planning your wedding day timeline. This will help you make sure everything runs smoothly on your big day.
3-6 months before the wedding
- Start making appointments for your hair and makeup. This is especially important if you’re having a destination wedding or having your hair and makeup done by a professional.
- Finalize your wedding day schedule. This will include the ceremony start time, reception start time, and the plan for the rest of the day.
- Start packing for your honeymoon. This will ensure that you have everything you need for your trip.
- Start thinking about your wedding favors. This is a nice way to thank your guests for attending your wedding.
1-3 months before the wedding
- Send out rehearsal dinner invitations. This is a chance for your wedding party and close family and friends to get together and practice for the wedding. If guests are already staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, you may be able to also have your rehearsal dinner here as well, in the restaurant or private banquet space.
- Pick up your wedding dress and wedding bands. This will allow you to try them on and ensure they fit perfectly.
- Start getting organized for your wedding day. This includes packing your wedding day bag and ensuring you have all the important documents you need.
1 month before the wedding
- Send out wedding day transportation reminders. This will ensure your guests know where and when they must be for the wedding.
- Confirm your wedding day schedule with your vendors. This will ensure everyone is on the same page and that the wedding runs smoothly.
- Start relaxing and enjoying the countdown to your wedding day!
This is just a general timeline, and your specific timeline may vary depending on the size and complexity of your wedding. However, this should give you a good starting point for planning your wedding.
- Start planning early. This will give you plenty of time to research venues, book vendors, and make all the other necessary arrangements.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan, so be prepared to make changes as needed.
- Delegate tasks. Don’t try to do everything yourself. Delegate tasks to your family and friends so you can focus on the most important things.
- Enjoy the process! Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it’s also a lot of fun. Enjoy the process and celebrate your love with your closest friends and family.
Finding the perfect wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, is one of the most important decisions when planning your big day. There are many factors to consider, such as your budget, guest list, style, and date. Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start your search for the perfect venue.
It’s important to start planning early, as popular wedding venues can book up months or years in advance once you’ve found a few venues that interest you, schedule tours to get a feel for the space and see if it’s a good fit for your wedding.
Once you’ve booked your wedding venue, you can start creating a timeline for your wedding planning. This will help you stay organized and ensure everything gets done on time. There are a lot of different timelines out there, so find one that works for you and your wedding planning experience.
No matter your budget or wedding planning experience, finding the perfect wedding venue in Suffolk, VA, and creating a timeline that works for you is essential to planning a successful wedding. By taking the time to research and plan, you can ensure that your big day is everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Contact us to schedule a tour of the Suffolk Conference Center!